where learning and growing take place
We continue to take financial donations throughout the year through CanadaHelps website.
Adult Literacy, GED, and English as an Additional Language Classes
We offer a range of free classes and 1-1 tutoring
Employment and Experiential Learning
Employment-readiness and co-operative education programs for youth and adults
Various food related programming located at our Community Hub at 118 Oakdene Avenue, including the Valley Community Supper!
In partnership with YMCA Immigrant Services, we offer monthly Food Safety and Handling training.
For registration, please click here
- Adult Learning – GED, Adult Learning Program (ALP) High School Diploma for adult high school diploma)
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) – both class-based and one-on-one tutoring learning options for newcomers
- Employment-readiness programs
- Food programs – community gardens, free lunches, community suppers
- Family Literacy
- Community programs – 7 Sacred Teachings, Computer Literacy for Seniors, Poetry club, community education programs
VALLEY COMMUNITY SUPPERS MENU
every Tuesday, 5-6.30pm.
118 Oakdene Ave.
June 21: German night! a family recipe by Judy Lipp
Caramelized onions and cheese
Oakview Farm fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream
June 28: French night
Blanquette de veau (veal blanquette)
Vegan option: Sautéed vegetables
**Please note that our kitchen is NOT a peanut or gluten free kitchen.
Our new facility:
Valley Community Hub
Located on a 3.3 acre property in the north end of Kentville (118 Oakdene Avenue, Kentville, NS), the Valley Community Hub is home to various adult education programs as well as a community garden and commercial kitchen.